Sunday, March 11, 2018

Rainbow Easter Card

Hi!

It's Anja here. Spring is coming! I can smell it. Finally. I must say I was getting a bit tired of all the snow, waking up early to clean the snow of the car and roads full of snow. We still have some though, but I think the sun will take it away soon.

I still have some Easter dies to show you, so I decided to make another Easter card today. This time I used this cute bunny with the brush. He painted all the letters and eggs in rainbow colors.


For this card I used:
- Cottage Cutz dies (Egg Painting Bunny, Stitched Alphabet, Pierced Circle Set),
- Distress Oxides (Antique Linen, Black Soot, Twisted Citron, Gathered Twigs, Walnut Stain, Spiced Marmalade, Squeezed Lemonade, Peacock Feathers, Worn Lipstick, Abandoned Coral),
- craft card base (15x15 cm),
- craft paper for background (13 x13 cm),
- white card stock for die cuts and background (13,5x13,5 cm on the front, 13x13 cm inside),
- silver pigment ink,
- gold pigment ink,
- paper distresser,
- pink Zig marker,
- black brush pen,
- white pen,
- Wink of Stella glitter brush pen,
- paper glue.

First I colored the white paper with Distress Oxides. I tried to make a rainbow. I started with lighter tones and went to darker ones.


Then I cut out the letters. I used the leftover paper to cut out the eggs later.


Then I die cut and colored all the pieces for the bunny. I used combination of oxides and silver and gold  pigment ink pads to color it. I used Wink of Stella marker for the eggs, brush and can of paint.

 

When I had everything colored I made the background. I spritzed oxides, mixed with water on the craft background. I heat it with the heat gun.

 

I cut the other parts from white card stock.

 

Then I just glued everything together. I used the eggs to decorate the inside of the card.








At the end pf my post I want to remind you to stop by at the store and check out the new Rise&Shine Collection. I just got my new dies yesterday and I can't wait to make projects with it. The new dies are currently 25 % off.

I wish you all a lovely Sunday and see you again next week.
Anja Z.

Cottage Cutzs products I used:






8 comments:

SugarShine Designs said...

Oh my! I really was fascinated by how well you incorporated the oxide inks to make egg painting bunny and the lettering pop! Awesome art!

Sukie said...

Super cute card! I love how you used the oxide inks for the letters and the Easter eggs! The splashed background looks amazing! Fabulous card!

Pam MacKay said...

I really love your design the splattering of paint is so fun!! And the colors are bright and happy!!

Lois said...

I LOVE how you did your letters -- very cool! This is a great Easter card, one that I might have to CASE!

Mary Marsh said...

this is just the cutest card Anja - the colors are great and I love how you used the oxide inks for the happy easter sentiment- I'm with Lois I might have to case this card as well

Sherry said...

Absolutely awesome card. Love the letters, the eggs, the bunny, the background, well pretty much everything. TFS - hugs, Sherry

Janja said...

What a beautiful card and a wonderful combination of colors.

Jeanne said...

Great card Anja! Love how you used the stitched letters and Oxide inks!