Sunday, February 11, 2018

Crazy In Love


Hi everyone!

This is Anja again. Valentine's day is in a few days. I have one more Valentine's card for you today, before I move on Easter and Spring themed cards. This time I used another holiday die. I like dies that can be used on different occasions. This car die is definitely one of those.


For this card I used:
- Cottage Cutz dies (Holiday Car, Phrase Love),
- Distress Inks (Black Soot, Fired Brick),
- craft paper for card base (two 15x15 cm squares),
- red, black and white card stock for die cuts,
- Versafine Onyx black ink pad,
- Versamark embossing ink pad,
- clear embossing powder,
- alphabet stamps,
- background stencil,
- silver pigment ink,
- white pigment ink,
- hole punch,
- split pin,
- blue and yellow brush pen,
- scissors,
- Glossy accents,
- heat gun,
- paper glue.

First I cut and colored the car. This time I used colored card stock and just added a bit of Distress Ink around the edges. I used silver pigment ink for metal parts of the car. I colored the headlights with brush pens.


I cut two rectangles from craft card stock and colored them, using stencil and white and red ink.


First I used white pigment ink and then added the red. I colored the inside i the same way.


Then I stamped the sentiment, using alphabet stamps and black ink.


I decided to distress the edge of the paper. I used the scissors to do it.


Afterward I decided I wanted the glass marks to look more realistic. That's why I used embossing ink and powder to make them look "wet". I did this only on the front side of the card.


I made holes on the both squares and put in a split pin for the card to slide.


Then I just glued the car and the love phrase on the front and in the inside of the card. I used Glossy Accents for the windows and the lights of the car.








This all from me for today. Have a nice Sunday and don't forget to check the store for the latest dies.

Anja Z.

I used:



6 comments:

Lois said...

What a clever card! I like the way it opens -- quite unique.

Pam MacKay said...

Love the use of the car and your fun background for a Valentine! Super creative card

SugarShine Designs said...

Very clever and modern card! I really like your stenciling work to set the mood for your message. -Janet

Mary Marsh said...

This is really a cute Valentine card Anja - and I like the stenciled background - so trendy- and I love the punny sentiment

Janja said...

So creative and fun card!

Jeanne said...

Such a creative use of the dies. I love it (and your sentiment too!)