Sunday, June 11, 2017

Friends

Hi!

It's Anja here. My inspiration for today
's card were little kittens that we currently have at home. They are so cute and like to cuddle a lot. So I made a card with cats on it. They are chatting like friends always do.


I used:
- Cottage Cutz Dies (Friends Phrase, Kitty with Spring Chicks, Sweet Spring Kitty, Flowerpot Mini, Springtime Window, Grass Trees & Vines, Spring Bunny w/Flowers),
- Distress Inks (Vintage Photo, Peeled Paint, Walnut Stain, Wild Honey, Black Soot, Pumice Stone, Scattered Straw),
- Distress Oxides (Fossilized Amber, Vintage Photo, Fired Brick, Walnut Stain, Worn Lipstick),
- white card base (20 x 16 cm),
- white paper (19,8 x 15,8 cm and 19,5 x 15,5 cm),
- white card stock for die cuts,
- Nuvo Crystal Drops (Dandelion Yellow),

- adhesive foam pads,
- embossing folder,
- glue,

- black and white pen.

First I die cut all the pieces. Both cats and the window are rather big, that's why I needed to cut them first and then adjust the size of the card base. I colored the pieces with Distress Inks and Oxides. I used blending foams for adding color. I also used little make up sponge applicator to add stripes on both cats.








I finished the flowers with some Nuvo Crystal Drops.

Then I cut the card base which is larger than usual (21 x 16 cm). I also cut two larger white rectangles. I cut a hole in the smaller one (for the window) and embossed it with an embossing folder to make it look like the outside of the house. I lightly used Scattered Straw Distress Ink on top to add some color. I also added red Oxide ink around the edges of the middle sized rectangle.


When I had all the pieces finished I started to glue them together. I started with the cat behind the window. I glued the embossed paper with adhesive foam pads. And then added all the other elements on top.





And for the end, one of my cute inspirations. The other two were to fast for me and my camera :)


Have a nice and sunny Sunday.

Anja Z.








7 comments:

Lois said...

I have a friend who would absolutely love this card, Anja! She is a big kitty-lover. Me, not so much (allergic to cat dander); but I do like your card. It's very creative. I like the way you posed your yellow cat. And I'm glad you included a photo of your little kittie. He's adorable!

Pam MacKay said...

Super sweet kitty card love the window and all the flowers!

Janja said...

How sweet is this cute card, Anja.

SugarShine Designs said...

It's so great that your card is inspired by real kitties and that you included a photo of one. Love how you sandwiched one of the kittens in the window too. Very nice Janja.

Mary Marsh said...

This is so cute Anja- I like how you used the window die as the center focus of your card- and all the other elements are so perfect- great use of the Friends phrase

Bev Polen said...

Awe, what an awesome card, Anja! I love the window with the kitten and the other pieces that make this card so adorable!! Great artwork, Anja!!

Tam said...

cute card and sweet kitten!