Sunday, June 18, 2017

Celebrate with Sunflowers

Hi!

It's Anja here with you on this beautiful Sunday. 

As long as I can remember sunflowers have been my favourite flowers. I love their bright colors and I often give them to others on their birthdays or other special occasions. And sunflowers made of paper can also be a beautiful gift. So I couldn't resist getting this gorgeous Cottage Cutz die and making a bunch of sunflowers. This is  my finished card.


I used:
- Cottage Cutz dies (Sunflowers, Celebrate Phrase, Pierced Circle Set, Picket Fence Border),
- Distress Oxides (Fossilized Amber, Spiced Marmalade, Peeled Paint, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain, Iced Spruce),
- white card base (15 x 15 cm),
- Nuvo Crystal Drops (Dandelion Yellow),
- Wood veneer,
- Wink of Stella glitter brush pen,
- white card stock for die cuts,
- double sided adhesive tape,
- paper glue.

First I die cut the sunflowers and other parts for the card. I used Distress Oxides to color them.




Then I cut two squares (13x13 cm) from wood veneer. I have this roll that looks like wood on one side and has fabric on the other. It is not so easy to cut and I was struggling to make even edges. But I love the color and real wooden look of it. I adhere it with wide double sided adhesive tape.


Then I glued on all the sunflowers and added some enamel dots. I finished the phrase with some glitter using Wink of Stella brush. 




And this is how I decorated it inside.


I glued the fence only on the sides so it can be used as a gift holder.



Thank you for stopping by.
Anja Z.






7 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

I love sunflowers myself Anja and soon they will be blooming in our gardens-you have created such a beautiful card with this day and using the celebrate phrase so it can be used as a gift card or money holder is a great idea

Janja said...

Amazing card, Anja. Nice work.

Joanne said...

Absolutely beautiful Anja!!!

Pam MacKay said...

I love your card it is just beautiful! Both inside and out! Great idea making it a gift card too!

SugarShine Designs said...

Your sunflower card is so pretty and the fact you can tuck in a little gift on the inside using the fence is fantastic. Excellent job on your sunflowers. Just beautiful Anja. - Janet

Tam said...

great card! Just loving those sunflowers!

Bev Polen said...

Oh, Anja, I love those gorgeous sunflowers on the beautiful card!! Using the fence on the inside to include a gift is a clever idea, and using wood veneer is a great idea!