Friday, June 10, 2016

Watercolor bicycle - VIDEO


Hi, is Vladka and welcome to my new post where I will show you how to create this watercolor look, using basic watercolor pan set and CottageCutz dies.


Here is list of all supplies I used:
Cardstock: White Cardbase (4 1/4 x 6 inches) and piece of watercolor paper (3 3/4 x 5 1/2 inches)
CottageCutz Dies: Listed Below
Other: watercolor pan set, Scissors, Sizzix machine, paint brushes, water, glue


Watercolors are really popular right now in crafting and I also think it is really relaxing when using them. I thought it will be easier if I show you in video how to made such card. So, here it is:


I love new dies from This N That release, so many beautiful dies and really useful too. And bicycle die is one of my favorite and it was such fun playing with it.


Thank you for stopping by and for checking the video. And don't forget, third CottageCutz challenge is waiting for you. This time theme is POCKET. You can linked your project here. And please, use only Scrapping Cottage dies.

8 comments:

nbuston said...

Vladka, This is beautiful, and I love this watercolor look. But, every time I have tried watercolors, even on watercolor paper, my paper curls. How do you keep the paper flat? Thank you for showing everyone this technique--it is just gorgeous!

Karen in PA said...

Vladka, I think your watercolor efforts are gorgeous. What a beautiful card - I love it!!!!!
Karen

Karen in PA said...

BTW, I really like your video - you have such a nice voice and sweet way of demonstrating. I like how you left parts of the diecut uncolored. That's a great tip.
Karen

oldpunca said...

Perfect done. :-) Your card is fabulous.

Janja said...

Such a pretty card. I love tiny flowers you added in the basket.

Vladuška said...

Thank you, girls :)

@nbuston - my watercolor paper also curls. What you can do is to dry it first and then put it under pile of books or what I'm doing lately is, to put it between both of my sizzix plates (the same as die) and run it through the machine. When plates are in the middle of machine, you can let it for some time and paper will straighten up.

nbuston said...

Thank you Vladka, that is a great idea. I have tried steam ironing, but didn't find that to work so well. I like this watercolor technique (inspired by you) and want to try it more. I just love the look ...

Mary Marsh said...

this is so pretty Vladka-and a great video-I gave it a thumbs up on YouTube