Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Springtime Window Die

Good Morning!  I hope you are all having a wonderful week.  It is raining here today in Massachusetts.  I sure hope the rains have stopped in Florida.  My heart goes out to those who are suffering.  Praying for brighter, calmer days.

Today I have a couple of cards to share with you along with a mini picture tutorial.


I have really been enjoying the look of all white, or almost all white cards.  Awhile back I said I wanted to use the CottageCutz Springtime Window die to make an all white card, so here is what I came up with.

First cut the window from white cardstock.  Glue the curtains to the window frame.  Place the window onto the card where you would like it to be.  Do not glue it down at this point.  Trace the inside of the window and cut out using an exacto knife or detail scissors.  You will want to cut on the outside of the pencil line, so when you glue the window in place the kraft cardstock does not show along the window edge.
I glued the window frame in place and then realized I missed a step.  I forgot the white background, so I just completed the card without it.  I think it looks nice either way.  I like it when mistakes have pleasant results.  You may choose to leave the window open or place some patterned paper behind it.  I chose to use the paper.  I hope you like the project I shared with you today.  If you have any questions, please ask in the comments.  Enjoy your day!

Hugs and smiles,
Janice



3 comments:

Lorie said...

Beautiful, Janice! Love the look and a great tutorial! Thanks for sharing!!!

Carol Hurlock said...

Janice that is gorgeous. White on white always looks so elegant. What a great tutorial too. I really enjoyed it!

MiamiKel said...

How creative! This is just a joy - beautifully done! TFS!