Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Cottage Cutz Dragonfly

 Greetings to you today bloggers.  For my post today I waned to share a card I made with the Cottage Cutz Dragonfly Die.  It's Carol here and my day to post at The Scrapping Cottage!  This was so fun to make and really quick and easy.  I am being totally honest as cards usually take me like 6 hours to make just one....lol
 I started with the dragonflies.  I die cut them and painted them with H2O's.  This is the first time I used that paint and I have to say I love the shimmer and the way it goes on.  The top dragonfly wing was painted with Bolivian Blue, the bottom wing with Olive Vine, and then I outlined the whole wing with bamboo.
The dragonflies were mounted on Spellbinders the smallest die from the Large round set.  This was distress inked with Rangers Brush Corduroy and then mounted on top of a die from the Spellbinders Ironwork Accents set.  The background was done with a Martha Stewart Punch around the Page set called French Scroll.
 
This is the sweet die I used.  You can find it here.
Thank you for stopping by today to share with me a moment of your time.  It sure was appreciated.  It was a pleasure to have you visit!

4 comments:

Cheryl Walker said...

Beautiful card Carol!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this, and love the colors on your dragonflies, they are beautiful!!! Its been awhile since ive used any of the glimmer paints, i forget what they are called. I love the layout on this as well!!

Hugs,
Cheryl

MiamiKel said...

Oh be still my heart, what a show stopper!!! So much detail, the fabulosity of your card has dropped my jaw ! Perfect use of the super lovely dragonfly die!! Xoxo

Cindy Haffner said...

Carol this is STUNNING!~

Janice W. said...

I love the look the paint gives to the dragonfly. Beautiful card! Love the detail.