Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Another Sparkly Ornament

Good morning!  It's snowing here in mid Missouri, and oh how pretty it is.   Lorie here to share a card with you today.  That first little bit of snowfall for the season brings out the kid in all of us, and today is certainly no exception.  It's the perfect day to share a Christmas card complete with snowflakes and sparkles, and that's exactly what I've got for you.
I used a couple of techniques for this card.  First, I created some background paper using an ornament die cut from the Holiday Ornament Cottage Cutz made Easy die.  I just cut the ornament using the waxy paper that you peel away from the foam that comes with your Cottage Cutz dies.  That stuff is wonderful for this technique, because when you spritz your paper,  with Glimmer Mist, it won't stick to the die cut, and you can reuse it time and time again.  I moved the die cut around on the paper and misted away.  Since I was using a light blue Glimmer Mist, I didn't mind if there was a little over spray.  In fact, I liked that look.  Let your paper dry well, or dry it carefully with a heat embossing tool, and use just as you would any paper.  

For the ornament, I cut 1 layer with glitter card stock, then cut a layer of blue by hand in the same color as my base card stock for a backing on the ornament, and to make the sparkly part stand out.  The snowflake embossing folder is from Stampin' Up!.  Combining techniques shows just how versatile these dies are, and adds so much interest and texture to all your cards and projects!

So happy you could stop by today!  Have a wonderful day and happy crafting!!!

Love ya!
Lorie

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Lorie, this is so pretty! Thanks for the tips!
hugs,
Gini

Jeannie from PolkaCabana.wordpress.com said...

Speechless! Love all the texture! Fabulous card.