Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Sugar Egg

Good morning! Today I'm featuring the CottageCutz Sugar Egg. I have received one of these sugar eggs once in my life. I had asked a guy to the Sadie Hawkins dance while I was in college.

I asked him with a cute little poem my mom and I wrote and I put it in a little Easter basket with some candy to ask him. I waited and waited for an answer and was getting pretty impatient when I finally received one of these Easter sugar eggs. As you looked inside the egg it had the words "yes" inside.

I used some glitter glue on the sugar egg to make it look sugary and then used a piece of white cardstock to stamp my image on instead of the cut out piece from the egg so I had room to put some pop dots between the layers to add dimension. This comes with 3 clear stamps - there's that option thing again :) Hope you have a great day! Kay

6 comments:

Shar said...

Love this Kay! Your sugar egg looks very sugary. :) the glitter is perfect for this and your embossed background is so pretty!

Shelly Ward said...

Oh, Kay

This is wonderful, I was just thinking the other day that I hadn't seen sugar eggs in years and wondered if they still make them. And here you are making them sugar free -- you go gal.
Shelly

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh my goodness, this is so great. I just love how the card looks. TFS.

Lorie said...

Talk about SUH-WEET!! This surely is, Kay! I loved getting these sugar eggs for Ester when I was a little girl!!! This is such a sweet and wonderful stroll down memory lane! Great card!

Ruth Ellen said...

Super cute, Kay!!!

Janice W. said...

Very pretty!