Friday, August 20, 2010

Yummy For Your Tummy

Good morning, and happy Friday!  I have a card to share with you today that I put together using the new Cottage Cutz  hot dog and soda pop dies from The Scrapping Cottage.  The minute I saw these, I thought they would be great little additions to of course picnic scrapbook pages, but in thinking a little more about it, I decided they would make a great focal point for a card that includes a gift card for eating out.  As my boys grew up and headed off to college, once in a while I would slip them a little gift card for eating at one of their favorite fast food places, and I would have loved to have these dies to create a card back then.  Oh well, I'm all set now, for the next round of college goers in the family.

I used the dies with white card stock, then colored the hot dog and soda pop with my Copic markers.  The paper is from Cosmo Cricket's Garden Variety Mini Deck.  I thought it gave the card a very 50's retro feel, and I loved the look.  I hope you like it too!

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope your Friday is amazing, and that you get to enjoy some happy crafting!





6 comments:

Emily C said...

Thank is absolutely adorable. I love it!!!

Emily C

CreatedbyKay said...

It just amazes me what you can do with Copics! These look real enough to grab off the card and eat! Awesome job!

Court said...

I do love it! Perfect paper and great cuts!

Shar said...

I'm always fascinated by how lifelike you make your diecuts with your amazing copic skills. This is fabulous! :)

Ruth Ellen said...

Fabulous detailing as always!! But what an adorable idea for a gift card and gift card holder!! Fun inspiration today!!!

DonnaMundinger said...

So cute and such FABULOUS coloring! xxD