Friday, April 30, 2010

Look how my Garden grows :)

I have the hardest time each month deciding which of the fabulous new Cottage Cutz I want to order!! And I know I am not alone in my dilemma!! These Seed Packet Shapes from the April Garden Release are sooooooo cute and naturally I wanted them all, but I decided to go with some I thought could work "double-duty". You know me...I am all about getting the most from my dies.

I chose to get this Sweet Pea Seeds Shape because I thought I could incorporate it onto pages of my little Sweet Peas. I knew I definitely wanted the Seed Packet Frame to go along with it because it is perfectly designed to coordinate with the different Seed Packet Shapes available in this release.


I cut the stems out of the same green cardstock I was already using in the layout, but I lightly stamped over it with my Cat's Eye Chalk ink to give it more of a mottled look. I also used my Copic Markers to color in the different Sweet Pea flowers and petals. This is another shape that went together surprisingly easily considering all of the detail that you see. The stems are just two pieces, and then the leaves at the bottom just sit right on top of the stems. Once you have the two stems glued together, it is easy to place each of the Sweet Pea flowers right where you want them.


Thanks for stopping by today and I hope everyone has a fun and crafty weekend!! Tell us how you are going to be spending National Scrapbook Day tomorrow!!

7 comments:

CreatedbyKay said...

Gorgeous LO Ruth Ellen! I love how you took this paper and made your embellies continue to inhance the look. The CC seed packet is a great addition as well!

Donutfryer said...

I liked your layout. I liked how you used the seed packet. I have to work over this weekend :(. But I will be able to work with my garden dies this next week! Can't wait till tuesday! Have fun you all
this weekend.

Helmka Family said...

This is beautiful!!! Love the colors! Great job with the new seed packet dies.
TFS!
Karen

Jamie said...

I love the layout! I will be catching up on a few things in my craft room tommorrow, oh and housework!

Vicki said...

That is a gorgeous layout. I like how you let us know that the seed packet went together pretty easy. Looks awesome.
I am not going to be able to do much tomorrow because I have a military son home after being deployed for 7 months, he has my full attention! But am looking forward to seeing what others do.

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Love the new seed packs...they are gorgeous! It looks great on this page too.

Smiles!
Gwen

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG! These seed packets are the most gorgeous things EVER! LOVe this layout, especially because Sweet Peas are my flower of the month (April!). xxD