Tuesday, September 01, 2009

We're HALF Way There and a Red Hibiscus!

This is so neat to see our followers increase daily. Thank you to all those who have chosen to be followers of the Cottage Blog and hope you enjoy it here! We have 250 more followers to go and we can draw a winner for a $250 shopping spree here at the Scrapping Cottage.



Today I'm featuring the CottageCutz Large Hibiscus. There is so much you can do with flowers, especially this famous tropical Hibiscus. I chose to make mine red because growing up in Southern California we had neighbor who lined their fence with these and they grew over supplying us with these beautiful red flowers. I remember taking my teacher a few of these on more than one occasion.
I shaded my flower with ink and applied some yellow Stickles to the top of the center.
I think anyone would appreciate a cheery Get Well Card like this. Other card ideas would be:
Birthday, Thank You, Aloha, Vacation Wishes, Wedding etc.


6 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh this is beautiful! xxD

Ruth Ellen said...

Gorgeous, Kay! I just love that hibiscus die! And what a great idea to use it for a get well card!!

Natasha said...

Stunning Kay! You have done a fantastic job on this card - I love it:-)

Kwilt said...

I luv this die cut!!!!

- - Sheryl - - said...

That's a spendid die! Love your colors.

CreatedbyKay said...

Thanks ladies! I appreciate your comments! Kay