Sunday, February 18, 2018

Small Spring Cards

Hi!

It's Anja here. I finally got my package, full of beautiful new Cottage Cutz dies. Today I wanted to create a bit of spring. We're still having a lot of snow and it's snowing again today. And if I can't have spring outside, I can make it on my cards. I made to small cards today. If you add an Easter egg or two, you can easily turn it into Easter cards.


For my two cards I used:
- Cottage Cutz dies (Spring Basket, Spring Meadow, Spring Watering Can, Nested Stitched Scallop Circle Set, Circle Set),
- Distress Inks (Mustard Seed, Milled Lavender, Dusty Concord, Worn Lipstick, Abandoned Coral, Shabby Shutters, Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss, Brushed Corduroy, Vintage Photo, Black Soot),
- white card base (two 4x4 inch),
- patterned paper (two 10x10 cm),
- white card stock for die cuts,
- silver pigment ink,
- black pen,
- white foam,
- paper glue.

First I cut all the circles. I cut two of each. I used the largest circle die for scalloped circles and the second largest from the circle set. I wanted a bit of dimension on the card, that's why I used foam and cut two circle frames with the two largest circle dies.


I glued the foam on the scalloped circle frame.


Then I cut two squares for the background. I used patterned paper from my stash.


Then I cut all the other pieces and colored it with Distress Inks. This watercan die is so beautiful.




And then I just assembled and gued everyything together The final result is two mini spring cards.





I hope you have a beautiful Sunday. See you again next week. 
Anja Z.


Cottage Cutz dies I used:







10 comments:

Marjeta said...

Kako ljubki zajčki. Navdušena sem nad rožicami.
Zelo lepi voščilnici.

Jeanne said...

Beautiful Anja! I always love how you color the die cuts on your cards - you do such a wonderful job!

Sukie said...

Gorgeous cards! I love how you framed the dies on your cards! The depth and dimension on the die cuts looks amazing, great way to use the inks!

Janja said...

Anja, both cards are wonderful with fresh spring touch.

Joanne said...

Such beautiful cards Anja!

Pam MacKay said...

Lovely cards with beautiful spring colors!

Lois said...

Two very cute cards. I like the framing you put around your focal items.

Mary Marsh said...

beautiful work with the new dies Anja- love the spring theme - it's only 33 days away according to the calendar anyway- we had snow again yesterday

Sherry said...

These are absolutely gorgeous. Love them both. ~ Hugs, Sherry

Tam said...

very cute!