Saturday, July 15, 2017

~ Honeymoon Car ~ (New die)

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

Today, I am sharing a sneak peak of some new dies that will be released over the weekend in the online store. There are 20 new wedding dies and 17 fun new nesting shapes. Today I am showing the new Honeymoon Car die and I placed it inside a Wacky Stitched Circle Die. I also used the Love Phrase word die.

So let's get started with some details on how I created my card.

Step 1:  I started my card this week by choosing my card colors. Since this is a wedding card, I wanted the colors to be bright and fun. I decided on blushing bride, mint green, and rose red as the main card colors.
Rose Red card Base: 4 1/2" x 5 1/2"
Blushing Bride Layering panel: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
Blushing Bride Designer Paper Panel: 3 7/8" x 5 1/8"
Step 2: I cut my wacky stitched circle in a shimmery vanilla cardstock. The Honeymoon Car is cut in the mint green along with the other card colors. The detail on the CottageCutz dies is always amazing and this new car is no exception. Plus, I love the stitching on this new die and we have other shapes coming with the same stitching.
Step 3: I started assembly of the card. At this point I wanted to stamp my sentiment. I am only going to use the words forever and always from my stamp. So I taped off the other words and used my stamp-a-ma-jig for placement. I didn't tape all the way to the top of the stamp. When I inked my stamp, I had the top part of stamp off the ink pad.
I placed my love word temporarily on my card just to see where I was going to place the sentiment. That way I don't have any interference from other cardstock and I get a good image.


Step 4: I adhered my honeymoon car image to the wacky stitched circle panel. Used dimensional adhesive to lift it off the circle panel. It always adds depth to your design. I love the balloons and tin cans that are part of this die. Just the way the bride and groom car gets decorated for their departure. So cute! Love this new die.
Step 5: Finished my card assembly. I used double sided tape for all the layers, multi medium matte for my Love word phrase.

That's my card for this week. The new dies are in the online store and for a limited time they are 25% off. Click here to go shopping.


Dies I used to create card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzhoneymooncar.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutznestedwackystitchedcircleset.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzexpressionspluslovephrase.aspx
 
 

7 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

I love your sweet card! I got that die too and your card is so cute I just want to get it out and play with it!!

Lois said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lois said...

Sorry about the delete. Anyway, I love your fun card! I also got the honeymoon car and can't wait to play with it. I like the way you mounted it in the wacky stitched circle.

Janja said...

Wow Mary, what a beautiful wedding card. I like.

Sukie said...

Such an adorable card! I just love the whimsical design, it's so super cute!

Anja Ž. said...

Mary, this is such a lovely wedding card. I love the color combination.

Bev Polen said...

Oh, Mary, I love, love, love your gorgeous card!!