Wednesday, May 17, 2017

CottageCutz Gladiolus Flower & Hello Phrase

Hello, Scrapping Cottage Friends!  So glad you took time to stop by and enjoy my card share today. I am Beverly Polen, Guneaux Designs, and I am serving as a guest designer today.  My card share showcases one of the newly released Expression Plus Designs dies (i.e., word dies), and the beautiful CottageCutz Gladiolus Flower.


The new Expression Plus Designs dies are fantastic!  I love the script design, and the die cuts are a great size.  If you have not checked them out, you can by visiting the Scrapping Cottage On-Line Store.  For a limited time, these wonderful dies are 25% off!  Don't miss out!!

My color selections of card stock and coloring were selected to coincide with the Splitcoaststampers Color Challenge for yesterday.  These are the colors:  shades of peach/orange and dark green.


I created my card by first stamping with black ink the CottageCutz Gladiolus Flower image onto white card stock and coloring it with copics that are close to the above colors.  I used the matching die to cut out the floral image.


Afterwards, I decided I wanted to create an inlay with the image, so I used the negative of the floral image and a die from CottageCutz Cross-Stitched Rectangle Set to cut a rectangle.  Additionally, my butterfly from the same floral stamp and die set was on this panel and I wanted to include it.

 

My next step was to use a stencil and oxide inks to create this panel from white card stock.


I decided I wanted a piece of designer paper for a mat for the panel.  I attached the mat to the panel and adhered it to my card base.


I created a frame to go around the floral panel with two of the CottageCutz Cross-Stitched Rectangle Set dies.  I attached foam tape to the frame and added it to the card.


Then I added foam tape to the floral image inlay panel and attached it inside the frame.


To complete the card, I added one of the Expression Plus Design script dies, hello, to the upper left of my card.


I hope you draw inspiration from my card, and come back tomorrow to see the artwork we have to share.

These are the CottageCutz dies used in creating the card:





6 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

Beautiful coloring on the glads Bev- and I like the stenciling with the oxide inks - the script word you used is perfect for a card of encouragement

Lois said...

Such a pretty card, Bev! I love those floral die/stamp sets and you used the glad set so very nicely. The stenciling down the left side really caught my eye -- I love the variegated colors.

Pam MacKay said...

Love your design using the stencil and your coloring is lovely!

Janja said...

Beautiful card! I like the color combination.

SugarShine Designs said...

Bev - Your card is very pretty. Glads have a special place in my heart and your coloring of them is perfect. I too liked the color combination and your stenciled background. Lovely! - Janet

Anja Ž. said...

Such a beautiful card, Bev. I also like the color scheme.