Saturday, January 21, 2017

~ Udder-ly Awesome ~

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

We have some fabulous new stamp & die combo sets released and they are available at 25% off in the online store. I am using a couple of the new sets today with the On The Farm and Farm Animals.

So let's get started with some details on the little farm scene I created on my card today.

Black Card Base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Image Panel: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
 
I started my card by stamping the images with Memento tuxedo black ink. I colored the images with Copic markers and Prismacolor pencils and gamsol. This ink doesn't bleed into your inks or pencils. I also used X-Press It blending cardstock. It is designed to work with Copic markers. 
Markers & Pencils used to color images

After the images were colored I started on my background. I used tumbled glass distress ink for my sky then shabby shutters and mowed lawn for the grassy area. I used some torn paper to create the appearance of a hilly area. I wanted a softer background so I used a stencil brush. It achieved the look I was after. At the bottom of the card, I used tea dye distress ink for a non-grassy area.
 
 I decided to use the "udder-ly awesome" sentiment from the Farm Animals set. I cut a cloud from the "clouds & sun" die set because I wanted to stamp the sentiment inside of it. This sentiment is a single line and was just a bit to long for my cloud.  So I used my MISTI tool and took it to a 2 line sentiment. You just tape off the part that you don't want stamped and ink up your sentiment.
 




When I started the assembly of my card, I decided to use the fence stamp and die from the On The Farm set. And then I added some hearts going from the cow up to the sentiment. I just thought they fit so well with this sentiment. The hearts are from the Love Bird Branch die set.

 
Well that's it for me for this week. See you next week.
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzfarmanimalsstampanddie.aspx
 

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzonthefarmstampanddie.aspx
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzlovebirdbranch.aspx
 


 
 

4 comments:

Lois said...

Mary, this is "udder-ly" adorable!!!

Janja said...

Super cute card.

creative lady said...

Cute card!

Anita Kejriwal said...

Adorable card