Saturday, January 14, 2017

Typewriter Love


Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog. It's a cold Saturday here in the Eastern part of the U.S. One of those days to sip some hot chocolate and do some crafting.

I am featuring one of our new Valentine dies today. This one is the Typewriter die and is currently on sale at 25% off. In fact all 14 new Valentine dies are 25% off. So drop over to the store and pick out what you need to make your Valentine cards and save a little money while your at it!

I jump started my mojo this week by using a sketch to get my creative juices flowing. So here are the details on how I created my card.

Blue Card Base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Embossed Layer: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
Image Panel: 3 3/8" x 2 3/4"
Red Layering Panel: 3 1/2" x 2 7/8"

The sketch that I followed is an older one but it worked perfectly to show my image off.
I decided to emboss my background panel but didn't want to use a heart embossing folder. So I settled for an arrows folder. I thought it added a unique appeal to my card.
Next step was to cut the elements of the typewriter die. I cut this vintage image in a coastal blue cardstock. I love the modern appeal the typewriter has using this shade of blue. The accents are in gray. The little heart on the keyboard is so sweet. This is just the cutest die. I am sure all of you have someone in mind that this image would perfect for this Valentine's day.
I cut three pennant flags with a red dotted paper. Scattered some additional red hearts to balance out the image panel. I cut these from the Love Bird Branch die. After I assembled my card I decided I didn't like the "sweet" word cut in pink. Not a problem. I cut another one in red and glued it over top. Here are some close up photos. You can see the detail on this die.
 
That completes my card for this week. I hope I have inspired you to start your Valentine cards. And, remember The Scrapping Cottage is making it a bit easier by offering a 25% off sale on the new dies.
 
So until next time..........inky hugs!!!!
 
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutztypewriter.aspx
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzlovebirdbranch.aspx
 
 

3 comments:

Janja said...

Very cute!

Lois said...

That's adorable, Mary!

creative lady said...

Love your card, I love the sketched you used too. I may have to use that one!