Saturday, January 28, 2017

Love Postage + Sketch

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

We have some fabulous new stamp & die combo sets released and they are available at 25% off in the online store. The new sets include Chloe & Ben Adventures, Birthday Flowers (A flower for each month of the year) and Spring 2017 that not only includes spring dies but Easter themed as well. The Design team will be showing projects with these stamps and dies soon.

For today though, I have a Valentine card for your viewing pleasure. This one is made with the Sweet Valentine stamp and die set and the Love Postage dies. So let's get started with some details on how I created my card.
I started my card by using this weeks sketch #629 from Splitcoaststampers. Using a sketch most always is a good starting point for me. When I saw the square blocks in this one I thought the love postage dies would work perfectly.

Black Card Base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Red CardstockLayer: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
Patterned Paper Layer: 3 7/8" x 5 1/8"

Once I chose my card colors, I decided to use this red patterned paper because it has the same dotted lines and hearts as on the bear in the envelope. And for the wavy border on the sketch I am using red ribbon. After the picture was taken, I added the licorice twine.
 
My next step was to stamp my bear image. I stamped multiples just in case I wasn't happy with how  I colored him. I used both Prismacolor pencils and Copic markers for my coloring. This "Sweet Valentine" stamp set also has matching dies. I also cut the Love Postage images.
 
 
Finished the assembly of my card. Once it was done, I thought the ribbon and twine needed something so I added a bow. I used my bow-easy tool. The name does just what it says- makes bow tying really easy. 
Here is a close -up photos of the dies and bear image.
 
Well, that's my card for this post. I hope I have given you some additional ideas for these new Valentine dies. See you next week!
 

 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzlovepostage.aspx
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzsweetvalentinesstampanddie.aspx
  





3 comments:

Lois said...

Great use of that layout, Mary. Cute Valentine!

Janja said...

Cute little hearts and a wonderful color combo.

creative lady said...

Cute card! Love the layout of your card.