Monday, January 09, 2017

Tea and Cookies

Hi, Lois here with a little bit of Valentine fun.   As a non-coffee drinker, I appreciated one of the new Valentine dies called Cup of Love.  In addition to the cup die, this gave you the option of tea and/or hot cocoa with marshmallow on top!  My card today is a little "tea for two."


Supplies for this card are:

Cardstock - white, pink, blue, silver, tan, red
Ink - black, pink, blue
Dies - CottageCutz Cup of Love, Double Stitched Ovals, Double Stitched Circles
Other - white gel pen, foam pop dots, sponge applicators

I started cutting my card base from white cardstock 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", folded in half.  Next I cut a pink panel 5 1/4" x 4" and a white panel 5 1/8" x 3 7/8".  Then I cut out the pieces from Cup of Love,  using small scraps of cardstock, and Double Stitched Oval from silver cardstock.



I sponged a little bit around the edges of the cups and handles with a darker pink and blue.


Then I cut out some tan and pink "cookies" and "icing" using the Double Stitched Circles.


I carefully trimmed back the pink circles at the first stitch line.  This would make my "icing."  Then I ran a white gel pen around the remaining stitch line to add a bit of decoration on my cookies.

All that was left was to construct my card.  I sponged around the edge of the white panel, adhered it to the pink panel and added it to the white card base.  I placed the cups on the tray and added the three cookies, popping one of them up with foam pop dots.  I added the tea bag and stamped the sentiment, and my card was complete.


CottageCutz dies used for this card:








4 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

This is so cute Lois - I just love the cookies - a really creative idea

Janja said...

I love these beautiful cups and delicious cookies :).

creative lady said...

I love these cups can't wait to get mine! I think these are going to be very popular...I saw a FB store that said they were sold out!!! Great card!

Anita Kejriwal said...

Sweet card ! Like the pink and blue cups.