Monday, January 23, 2017

Hi, Chick!

Hi, Lois here today,  using one of the new stamp/die sets from CottageCutz -- Farm Animals.  I think the red gingham patterned paper gives a warm, country feel to my card.


Supplies used on my card:

Card base - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", folded in half
Cream layers - 4" x 5 1/4", 3 1/4" x 4 1/2"
DP layer 3 7/8" x 5 1/8"
Ink - black, red
Other - Copic markers, Foam pop dots

I stamped, colored, and cut out my three Farm Animals images.


Then, using two pale shades of blue and tan, I "painted" the background to my focal panel.



I stamped my sentiment on a scrap of cream cardstock and then cut out two ovals using the Double Stitched Ovals dies.


When I layered the two ovals, I thought the difference in size was too wide; so I trimmed the gold oval at the inner stitch line, sanded it smooth, and then mounted the cream oval onto the gold one.  I liked the size contrast much better.   Then I constructed my card.  All the die-cut elements are popped up on foam pop dots.


Dies used on this set are:














4 comments:

Janja said...

This is so cute card.

Mary Marsh said...

So cute Lois- love the henhouse theme- the gingham is perfect- love the new dies

creative lady said...

Love your hen house.

Anita Kejriwal said...

Such a wonderful farm scene !!