Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Flip Calendar - Part 1

Hi, Lois here today.  I was really excited when I saw that CottageCutz was making dies with coordinating stamps.  I've created a project that will cover my next three blog posts.  As you may or may not know, I love making 3-D projects as well as cards.  When I saw two of the dies from the CottageCutz Valentines 2017 release (Calendar Months and Calendar Icons), I immediately knew that I wanted to make a calendar of some sort.  My idea solidified itself after I saw the new stamp/die sets being released.  Here is a photo of my finished project.  My follow-up posts will explain how I made it.


Supplies for today’s post:
Cardstock – white, various colors based on choice of patterned paper
Patterned Paper – DCWV All Seasons 12” x 12” pack
Small monthly calendars or Excel spreadsheet software
CottageCutz dies – Calendar Months, Calendar Icons, Double StitchedRectangles


To start my calendar, I die-cut the months of the year and the icons.  I cut the icons from white cardstock and colored them appropriately with markers.  In addition, I cut a white panel using the largest Double Stitched Rectangles die.



I created a calendar for each month using Excel, cut it out as well as the background cardstock and appropriate patterned paper for each month.  The color scheme of the patterned paper determined the color of the base cardstock.  The photo here is for the month of January.  Each page of the calendar was created in a similar manner.


After adhering the panels onto the blue background panel, I adhered it to a 5 ½” x 7 ¼” white panel.  Each calendar page is two-sided so that the final calendar has six panels (January/December, February/November, March/October, April/September, May/August, June/July).


In my next post, I'll show how I made the scenes on the individual months.

Dies used on today's post are:






3 comments:

Janja said...

Absolutely beautiful project! Well done!

Mary Marsh said...

wow Lois this is quite the creative project - can't wait to check out the subsequent posts to see how you made these calendars- this would make a great gift

creative lady said...

Nice project! Thanks for sharing.