Wednesday, January 04, 2017

Birthday Time!

Hi, it's Lois here again.  I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Year.  Now it's time to get back to work . . . or fun, as the case may be!   I have another fun birthday card for you today using a few CottageCutz Mini, Petite, and Expression dies.


Supplies needed for this card are:

Card base - white cardstock, balloon patterned paper
Scraps of colored cardstock - pink, green, purple, red, yellow, orange, black, white
Ink - Distress Worn Lipstick
Other - red pen, ribbon, foam pop dots, adhesive sheet, scallop border punch, ruler, pencil

I started with a white card base 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", folded in half.  Using a pencil and ruler, I marked in 1/2" on all four sides.


Using a red pen, I drew a border around the edge. Then I cut a strip of patterned paper 1 1/2" x 5 1/4" and punched the scallop border down the long left-hand side, adhered it to the left-hand side of the card and ran a ribbon round the center, gluing to the inside of the card.


Next I cut all my dies. I wasn't sure how many balloons I was going to need, so I arbitrarily cut six of them. 


As it turned out, I used only five of the balloons on the front of the card, so I put the sixth one on the inside.



I had cut two present die-cuts -- one in pink cardstock and one in patterned paper.  I cut the ribbon portion of the pink one out and backed the hearts with a small strip of red.   After sponging around the outside of the patterned paper, I glued the ribbon to the package.


All that was left was to construct my card.  To make it a bit easier, I had put an adhesive sheet behind some of the cardstock for the smaller die-cuts, such as the sentiment dies, string and shadow on the balloon die.  The sentiment is glued flat, while the balloons and present are popped up on foam dots.


CottageCutz dies used on this card are:








5 comments:

Janja said...

Very pretty card, Lois.

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a cute card Lois-love how festive it is-so perfect for a birthday celebration

creative lady said...

Nice Birthday card! Love all your details.

Anita Kejriwal said...

nice and colourful

Anita Kejriwal said...

nice and colourful