Monday, October 31, 2016

Feathers


Hi, Vladka is here!

Today, I have "just a note" card, where I used this cute little Feathers. And I also have a note for all of you. This is actually my last post here on CottageCutz blog. I loved to work with all these great dies and it was real honor for me to work for such a great company. But I need time for other things in my life now. It was not easy decision to make. I want to thank you all for all your comments and support through all these years. And of course I will continue to use CottageCutz dies and you are more than welcome to visit my blog and see what I will create with them in the future.

And now is time, to check my card.


Basics:

White card base: 4 1/4 x 6 inches (cut 4 1/4 x 12 inches, fold in half)
Additional piece of white cardstock and some white cardstock to cut out the die cuts. 

Other Supplies:

CottageCutz Dies: Listed Below
Distress Ink:  Brushed Corduroy and Wild Honey
Other: Scissors, Paper trimmer, Sizzix machine, acetate, acrylic block, gold spray

1. First, cut all three feathers out of white cardstock:



2. Apply Brushed Corduroy and Wild Honey distress ink on acrylic block or any other smooth surface, mixed it with little water and color the feathers. Use paint brush for coloring. Let it dry.


3. In this step use just Wild Honey distress ink and pressed feathers against the block  to pick some of the ink...


... so, you will get such splodges:


4. Now it is time for smooshing. Take a piece of plastic acetate and gentle pressed it against the block to pick up some of the ink. Now, press the plastic on the paper to transfer the ink. Put paper aside to dry or use heat gun to dry it:



5. Stamp "Just a little note" or any other sentiment on additional piece of paper and use third biggest rectangle from Cross-Stitched Rectangle Set. Put rectangle on the paper as seen on the photo and cut it out.


6. Now use second biggest rectangle die and put it on the rectangle which you cut out in previous step. Cut it out again to get little paper frame.


7. Now glue additional piece of paper on the card base diagonally as shown on the photo. Cut off the upper and left corner of paper to fit the card base.


8. Glue also little paper frame and all three feathers and flick some droplets of gold shimmer spray and let it dry. Card is now finished.


And here is the finished card again:



Have fun creating!

8 comments:

Keti's Projects said...

Gorjuss. I love it.

Unknown said...

Beautifull card. And I will miss you on this blog. Vsekakor pa bom spremljala tvoje izdelke še naprej. Res so krasni. Vse najlepše pri tvojih novih izzivih.

Mary Marsh said...

Your talent will certainly be missed Vladka- I wish you the best in all your future endeavors

janja said...

Wonderful card.
Vladka, I wish you all the best in future.

Lois said...

Lovely card. Best wishes in whatever you choose to do in the future.

moi said...

Beautiful card.

OK said...

Очень красиво! Золотая осень, как говорят в России - "бабье лето"!

Anita Kejriwal said...

Very elegant card. Will miss your awesome work.