Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Harvest Rooster Vane


Happy Tuesday!

Kathy with you today with a card I made using the new Harvest Rooster Vane Die from the Harvest Release and the Fancy Floral Lace Border Die.






As soon as I saw this rooster die, I thought about doing red and white with gingham!  I used Ruby Slipper Cardstock from Bazzills to cut the dies and paired it with white and old gingham paper I found in my stash from DCWV's Bright Mat Stacks.  The white under the rooster is embossed with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder to give it a little texture.  I matted this with more of the Ruby Slipper and added it to a white card base.  The bow is a black and white gingham ribbon from Michaels.  I added a red button threaded with white floss to the bow center and added 2 little heart buttons with glue dots on the top right corner.  The sentiment is from the Boards & Beams Set from Papertry Ink stamped directly on the gingham paper.

Here's a little close up of the rooster for you.


 
These are the dies I used:
 
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzharvestroostervaneelitespre-order.aspx
 
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzfancyflorallaceborderelites.aspx
 
 
 
 
 

7 comments:

Simko said...

Beautiful card, Kathy! Black, red and white work so well together and the CottageCutz dies are showcased beautifully.
Hugs,
Simona

Vladuška said...

This is so cozy and nice.

Mojca said...

Waw this looks lovely. Such a pretty bow. Hugs! MOjca

Olena said...

Very beautiful card! Love it!

Carol Hurlock said...

This is just beautiful Kathy. It has a nice country feel to it. Clean and crisp.
Bear Hugs,
Carol

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! I love gingham!

Cheryl Walker said...

Beautiful card!! Love the gingham too!!!
Hugs,
Cheryl