Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Hidden Pocket Card

Hello Everyone!  Sorry for the late post.  I am so used to posting on the dates ending in 7 that I forgot that it was changed this month because of it being such a short month.  I have a hidden pocket card to share with you today.  It was so much fun to make and I have to say I am pretty happy with the results.  I used the CottageCutz Vintage Vanity and Stool die.
The pocket is behind the image.

I made the bedroom scene and traced and cut the oval out for the mirror with my detail scissors.  I cut the vanity mirror frame 3 times and layered them on top of each other.  I did this so the table of the vanity would lay smoother over the "woodwork" and not have a bump.
 This is the back of the pocket before adhering to the card base.

This is the card front with tag in pocket and below is a picture of the sentiment I stamped in the mirror window when the tag is removed.
And here is the final card.  I ended up cutting it down to fit a standard card base of 4 and 1/4 X 5 and 1/2.
If you have any questions please ask.  I love to help if I can.  Have a great day, and  I hope you enjoy the 2nd post of the day.

Hugs and smiles,
Janice

7 comments:

Kathy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathy said...

Oh, Janice, this is so adorable...you are so creative! Blessings! Kathy

Lisa aka Raining said...

I love this idea! So adorable! Great job!

Simko said...

Wow, this is sooo clever, Janice! Very creative! I LOVE IT! Hugs, Simona

Vladuška said...

Such a good idea and the whole project is great.

Carol Hurlock said...

Wow, this is just so creative. I love the secret pocket. Very creative.
Bear Hugs,
Carol

Olena said...

Love it! Awesome project!