Friday, February 08, 2013

CottageCutz Vintage Bag Tag


Hello friends.   It's Carol here and today I have what is called a bag tag made with the adorable Vintage Lamp and Dress Form Mini Dies from CottageCutz.  What is a bag tag?  It is a cute little paper bag that has been altered to hold a sweet tag.  It's almost like a card and envelope, but it's a bag with a tag and they are super fun to make. This was inspired by ILuvVintageScrap-Ms Juliana on YouTube.  Her's are gorgeous!

 So here you can see the tag outside the bag.  I went with a Shabby Chic theme.  I used a 3-1/2" x 6-3/4" White Paper bag that I had in my stash from Michael's.  I got some regular paper bags out (lunch bags) and used them for the background.  I don't have any precise measurements because I just played with my stuff and did what looked good to me.  Tear the paper bag to cover most of the white paper bag.  Crumple it up, then unfolded and hot glue it to the bag.  I used white paint and brushed some on top of the bag.  Tear a page out of an old book and glue it to the top of the bag.  Cut a piece of white cardstock, run it through a crimper and distressed the edges with Rangers Brushed Corduroy and glue that on top of the book page.
I chose lace, pearls, burlap, chipboard butterfly, buttons, eyelash yarn, feathers and a premade rose and arranged them like you see here.  I wrapped the eyelash yarn in the rose and attached with a little glue.  The top flower is made from a paper bag.  Cut two pieces with the smallest scalloped circle Spellbinders die and four of the next size up (You could use a scalloped punch if you have one).  I rolled and scrunched up the paper, then unfolded, glued together, and added a pearl in the center.  If desired, brush white paint on the flower.  All edges of flowers are stickled with Icicle stickles.  For the inside tag paper doilies and crochet flowers were used to decorate it.

For the lamp, I cut all the pieces on white cardstock and used copic markers to color it except for the lamp shade.  I just distressed it with some of the Brushed Corduroy distress ink on the edges.


The dress form was cut on kraft cardstock and attached to the top of the inside tag.  A little button was glued to the center and a bow was made from white crochet thread.  This is so much fun to make and I invite you to try your hand.  You will love it!


8 comments:

Cheryl Walker said...

Carol your Vintage Bag tag is absolutely Beautiful and very Vintage. I LOVE all the beautiful details, and your lamp is DARLING!!!! Beautiful job as always!!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Simko said...

Oh, Carol, your bag tag is absolutely GORGEOUS! I Love the vintage colors, embellishments and the beautiful lamp! Great job as always!
Hugs,
Simona

Frances said...

What a wonderful creation! Love the lace and pretty details, very vintage! Hugs Frances

Lisa aka Raining said...

Wow Carol! What a gorgeous creation!!! LOVE!!!!

Vladuška said...

I like the bag tag idea and this Shabby Chic look is really pretty. I like your creation.

Kathy said...

Gorgeous, Carol, I'll have to try making one of these for sure! You are so good at finding these fun little projects to make! Blessings! Kathy

Olena said...

Beautiful creation!!! Super!

Janice W. said...

So BEAUTIFUL!!