Thursday, August 04, 2011

Summer Fun



Hi Everybody. With the heat of the season in full gear it's hard not to think of summer fun.  Outdoor parties, afternoon pinics and breezy nights at an amusement park.  So our new carnival collection is so awesome, in fact I couldn't stop creating so I have two cards for you today.

My first card uses the Carousel Horse Die .  I used Mcgill paper bloom tools to curve the body out and make it 3-D then I added all of his detail.  The tickets from the Ticket Booth Die were perfect for adding sentiments.

My second card I fell in love with the Airplane Ride Die. How stinkin cute is it...LOVE IT!

Close Up of Airplane Die

Handmade Rosette Flowers

Side View
For the leaves of the rosette cluster I used the Orchid Flower Leaves and it really finished off the cluster perfect.  This collection is just so much fun and I know you'll have fun playing with them yourself. 

See ya next week,



 

6 comments:

Janice W. said...

Very nice cards!

Cheryl Walker said...

Super CUTE cards Lori!! I love them both :) I too LOVE this collection its DARLING!!! Your handmade Roses are pretty :)
Hugs,
Cheryl

Angelica Suarez said...

Love these colors Lori!! The colors are bright and cheery but still feminine and whimsy. Very cute!!

Unknown said...

Lori, these are both adorable! The cheerful color scheme goes so well with the fun theme!
hugs,
Gini

Barbara said...

I am a carousel collector so you can imagine how excited I am to see this card. This is a "gotta have" for me.
Great job.

Lorie said...

Wonderful, wonderful cards, Lori! so bright, cheerful and so much fun!!!