Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Watch for it Wednesdays!! #25

I love that so many manufacturers provide such fun embellishments to coordinate with their paper lines. It makes it so easy to add some extra elements to your pages when someone else has done the "matching" for you. Recently, I purchased some cute overlays. The designs were really cute but I wanted to add a little something extra.

My tip for this week is how to dress up your overlays. For these little ladybugs, I wanted to add a little extra bling. So I flipped over the overlay and added black stickles to the head and red stickles on the back to color the spots. You don't have to worry about trying to get the stickles to stay inside those tiny little ladybug spots because the extra won't show through on the front. Once the stickles are dry, flip your overlay over and look how cute these little bugs are now! You could also use your Copic markers to add some color to your overlays as well.

Come back tomorrow to see the rest of this layout!! :)

3 comments:

- - Sheryl - - said...

too cute! I do have some overlays without a design - just a wash of color, but I could stamp on them and then do this technique.

Stef H said...

what a fabulous idea! and it's looks awesome too!

hugs,

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Thanks for sharing this great tip!!

~Terry