Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Watch for it Wednesday #27

This week's Watch for it Wednesday features...
Tissue Paper!!!

Tissue paper can be a very valuable asset to
every scrapbooker! It is a wonderful and
inexpensive way to highlight, enhance, and
give dimension to all of your paper crafting
projects!! There are a multitude of colors to
choose from as well!! Today I chose to use a
scrap of white tissue paper, as well as, a
scrap of white cardstock.


First, I ran the white cardstock through my die
cutting machine to create a die of this sweet
little ghost. After that I took the piece of tissue
paper and crumpled it up into a ball to give
it a wrinkled look. I smoothed it out, just a
little, and ran it through my machine.



I lined the die cut tissue paper up with the die cut
cardstock and glued it on. After, I took a few more
scraps of the tissue paper and crumpled them up.
I then smoothed them out, ever so slightly, and
glued them onto the ghost. The tissue paper adds
dimension and also gives the ghost more of a
flowing, transparent look.

Fun, Fun Fun!!!

Check back on Friday to see
how
I used this little guy!!

10 comments:

Lilacanglia said...

o wow,
I never thought of using tissue paper,
this is brill, thanks
Hugs
Angie

Do What You Love said...

How brilliant you are and sweet to share your little tidbit with the rest of us! Such an incredibly wonderful way to enhance your card. I love those stockings - so utterly cute! Thanks for sharing with us!

Ruth Ellen said...

Cute, cute!!! The ghost looks adorable!! I can't wait to see the project he accompanies!

Natasha said...

Great job on your Gorgeous little ghost Rochelle. I cant wait to see what you do with him for Fridays Blog Post :-) I'm hoping mine arrives in the post before the weekend so that I can 'play' with him.

annb said...

What a clever idea!!! I love the thougt of using tissue paper... I can't wait to see your post on Friday, I know your layout will be awesome as usual.

Vicki said...

Cute...Cute...Cute! I am going to have to try this technique! Thanks!

Vicki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lifesabeach32940 said...

This little guy is definitely one of my favorites from the Halloween release. I love your tissue paper technique and can't wait to see your project on Friday. :)

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG! That's sooo cute!!!!! really a super idea! Can't wait to try! xxD

Anonymous said...

Oh, how neat! AND I have all of those die! Gonna have to try this! TFS!